Art on Ice is a tour with top-class live musicians and top athletes in figure skating. A fantastic combination of both, that celebrates its 25th anniversary in February 2020. In recent years, Art on Ice became one of the most prestigious shows worldwide and visitors can look forward to a completely new show every year.
For this reason, no compromises were possible… only a top ice surface is accepted.
Objectives of the common project
- installation of a perfect ice surface within less than 3 days
- ice must resist a huge weight as for the trucks to drive in
- in time installation so that lighting and sound technology can be installed.
„We have to set up an extremely stable ice surface within a minimum of time in order that trucks can drive on it to continue their constructions - that's about 15 tons of weight on 4 cm of ice.“ so Günther Alber, CEO of Icefantasy – mobile ice rinks, which is the daughter company of Intercom Dr. Leitner.
Why with Icefantasy and Intercom Dr. Leitner?
- many decades of experience in installing mobile ice rinks
- delivery and set up of the required technology within a very short time slot
- thanks to plug-and-play easiest implementation in the given structures and stage sets
- ensuring a perfect and safe ice surface for the ongoing tour
- perfectly coordinated preparation of the ice installation
„When top athletes dance to live music on the ice, I always get excited. It is so wonderful to attend this event and to shape it!” said Gabriela Buchs in a conversation.
What’s the technical approach?
- LEITice Plus System
- many years of cooperation in ensuring a safe ice rink for this unique show
Do you want to learn more about the tour? Here you get to the Art on Ice Showguide.