Florence, the capital of Tuscany – is located almost in the centre of the Italian peninsula. The city is a magnet for tourists during the whole year. Especially from Easter to the end of September it seems to be flooded with visitors from all over the world. The centro storico, the historic old town, the Uffizi, but also hip fashion shops and old manufactures in wood gilding and copper engraving are just parts that form the fascination of this city.
Objectives of the common project
- set up an ice rink of more than 1600m2
- create a leading customer experience on ice for tourists and residents
- entertain customers with shows and events as well as an enchanted food and beverage station
Why with Intercom Dr. Leitner?
- adaption to the existing floor situation with different levels of height
- 4 days of installation time
- plug & play solution with ice resurfacing machine
- possibility to reduce energy costs with ICEMASTER®
- coaching about the whole project
- training for the staff about making people happy on ice
- oval ice rink with a skateway
- skating around a small lake with fountain
- guaranteed ice quality in a Mediterranean city like Florence with +25°C and more
- remote control & monitoring of the system with ICEMASTER®
What’s the technical approach?
- plug & play installation
- biological Glycol
- LEITice system
“We will bring the project back for next winter-season. For sure, with some extraordinary news, when my daughter came the first time on this project, I cannot describe the happiness she had on the Florence Ice Village.” Davide Moruzzi
Want to know more about ICEMASTER®? Click here to get more details.